|Game(s)||Alone in the Dark: Illumination|
Gabriella Saunders, a.k.a. The Engineer, is a playable character in Alone in the Dark: Illumination.
The daughter of the Chief Engineer of the world’s leading computer hardware manufacturer, the Engineer was born to work with electronics. While other children played with plastic blocks, she was making remote-controlled robots from parts she found in her father’s work shed. Making gadgets filled up the Engineer’s free time. Her goal is to create mechanical items which could rival her father’s groundbreaking work.
Alone in the Dark: IlluminationEdit
Gabriella's father was once a promising engineer, when he went down into the Lowich mines, he had returned home feeling shaken.
Ever since her father worked in the Lorwich mine, he began to experience nightmares and it ended up separating from his wife, whilst Gabriella was a kid.
When Gabriella was born, she was given her name by her father, as it stemmed from Gabriel, the Angel, and also translated "devoted to God".
Gabriella's father vanished on the eve of her wedding. The only clue left behind was a map of Virgnia and hand written note with the words "Fear, Death, Dark, Lorwich, Suffering, Old, Ancient and ZZ".
Given her father's history of depression and worried she was somehow responsible, she took the only clue that fit and headed East.
Primary Weapons and AbilitiesEdit
- Pump Shotgun
- Tesla Coil (formerly Tesla Wall)
- Explosive Mine (replaced the Spinner ability)
- Gabriella had aqua-phobia (fear of drowning)
- She didn't want to bear children, knowing that there were creatures, like the ones in Lorwich, that are in existance.
- camo track pants
- grey cardigan?
- knee and elbow guards and ammo satchels?
- Combat harness
- She bears the same surname as Grace Saunders, who appeared in the second Alone in the Dark Game.